Rules and guidelines
The ASU Innovation Open is designed to challenge and advance university student innovators who aim to develop hard tech ventures. The ASUio provides critical venture mentorship and funding for student competitors who are launching a hardware enterprise within a wide variety of cutting-edge marketplaces including but not limited to hardware solutions, IoT and social enterprises with a focus on conscious capitalism.
- There is no fee to enter.
- Judges have the right to disqualify any entry.
- The ruling of the judges is final.
- Individuals or teams may enter as long as they meet Competitor Eligibility requirements.
- Competitive advantage
- Business model
Additionally, you may want to address how you would leverage any prize grant money to advance your product, business model or go-to-market strategy.
A majority of each venture’s membership and equity holders must be currently enrolled and working towards a degree in an accredited university undergraduate or graduate program at the time of the ASU Innovation Open application deadline.
Participating ventures must meet the following criteria:
- Have taken steps beyond ideation (market research, prototype, website development, etc.).
- Have NOT obtained more than $1,000,000 in equity funding into the entity.
- Semi-finalist and Finalist ventures are required to have at least one team member available to attend the semi-final event (unless there are extenuating circumstances).
- Contestants agree that the information provided is accurate and complete.