Competitors are invited to complete an application and submit a five-minute video pitch.
In general, applicant venture concepts should align with the competition’s commitment to empowering innovators to harness technology and scalable business models to improve the world. This parameter is not intended to be overly restrictive and the competition judges will consider any concept that can be remotely tied to the technology industry or high growth models.
The best pitch recording format is “picture-in-picture” style. In other words, you should aim to record your slide deck being shown on your desktop while also recording your face(s) and voice(s) with a webcam as you advance through each slide.
Initial Application Disclaimer
By submitting an application to the ASU Innovation Open, each applicant agrees to the following conditions:
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to protect any highly confidential or trade secret information. The legal protection of the concepts submitted by the applicants to the competition is otherwise the sole responsibility of the applicants.
- All decisions made by the judges on all matters relating to ASU Innovation Open will be final and not open to appeal or negotiation.
- The ASU Innovation Open Advisory Council reserves the right to interpret these rules, and to alter, amend or change them, at its discretion.
- In consideration for the time, expertise and other resources of the ASU Innovation Open organizers, partners, judges, mentors and advisors and each of their respective directors, officers, partners, employees, consultants and agents (collectively “Representatives”), each applicant voluntarily releases ASU Innovation Open and each Representative from any liabilities, responsibilities, and accountabilities relating to or arising out of such Representative’s participation in the ASU Innovation Open.
Video Recording Tools
In order to record your pitch using these formats, please consider the following options:
- Use screencast-o-matic.com/home
- If you are aware of any other useful recording tools, please go ahead and use them.
- If you cannot record your webcam and deck at the same time, you must record the deck visually and narrate over the top, instead of recording your face(s) and referring to the deck in a separate file.
NOTE: Passwords for password-protected videos must be provided within the ASU Innovation Open application form.